With an international airport, Bangalore welcomes a number of tourists from different countries of the world. Add to this, the various attractions of Bangalore itself that attracts travellers from within the country itself. A number of these travellers plan a further tour to Goa from Bangalore, so it is quiet important to know how to reach Goa from Bangalore.
Bangalore to Goa - By Road
There are two routes by which you can reach Goa from Bangalore by road driving all by yourself or taking a bus or a cab.
- A 558 km drive down NH4 will bring you from Bangalore to Goa in 9 hours 40 minutes. The destinations lying enroute are Tumkur, Chitradurga, Rannebennur, haveri, Kalghagti and Alnavar.
- The second route takes around an hour longer to reach Goa. It takes 10 hours 42 minutes covering a distance of 616 between Bangalore to Goa. The destinations covered along your drive are Tumkur, Tiptur, Bhadravati, Shimoga, Sagara, Ankola and Karwad before entering Goa through Polem.
- There are a number of bus and taxi operators that offer services from Bangalore to Goa.
Bangalore to Goa - By Train
Bangalore can be reached by taking a train journey as well. Here's a brief about three trains that operate between the two destinations:
- 17309 Ypr Vasco Exp - kickstarts its journey from Yesvantpur Jn (YPR) at 03:15 pm and takes 14h 45m to reach Vasco Da Gama (VSG) 06:00 AM next day. The train runs twice a week on Tuesday and Sunday.
- The 17311 Mas Vasco Exp - actually begins in Chennai and reaches Bangalore after covering 370 kms at 10 pm every Friday. From here, a 700 km of further train journey will take you to the Vasco Da Gama (VSG) station in Goa. The train reaches its final destination at 01:00 pm on Saturday.
- The 17316 Vlkn Vsg Express - also starts from another destination (Velankanni) at 02.10 pm and travels 616 km before pulling into the Yesvantpur Jn (YPR) at 04:15 AM next day. From here a 700 km journey will start to finally reach Vasco Da Gama (VSG) at 07.40 PM. It runs once a week on every Tuesday.
Bangalore to Goa - By Air
A number of flights fly directly between Bangalore to Goa and quiet a few route via Hyderabad and Mumbai. Air India, Go Air, Kingfisher Red, Jet Airways Konnect, Go Business, JetLite, Jet Airways Konnect , JetAirways Codeshare, Spicejet and IndiGo are the airlines that operate flights between Bangalore to Goa. The nonstop flight takes between 1- 1 1/2 hours while a stop in between can take up the travelling time to around 7 hours. The flights take off from the Bengaluru Intl Airport and land at the Dabolim Airport.