A number of travellers land in Delhi for their holiday to the northern part of the country. However, still they cannot stay away from the charm of Goa and include it in their itinerary. If you are one of those, or even a native of Delhi, and are planning a trip to Goa, then here's your guide as to how to reach Goa from Delhi by different modes of transportation.
Delhi to Goa – By Road
There are three routes to drive your way to Goa from Delhi.
- The first one on NH3 takes 1 day 3 hours to reach Goa after covering 1882 kms. On this route, you will travel through Meerut, Aligarh, Agra, Gwalior, Indore, Dhule, Nasik, Umbraj, Pune, Kolhapur before finally reaching Goa.
- The second route through NH 3 and SH 27 takes 1 day 5 hours to cover 1866 kms. On this road route from Delhi to goa, you will cross Mathura, Agra, Gwalior, Indore, Jalna, Pandharpur, Sangli, Belgaum to finally reach Goa.
- The third route is the longest of all three covering 1984 kms on NH 8 in around 1 day 5 hours. Destinations covered enroute are Jaipur, Chittorgarh, Vadodra, Surat, Mumbai, Pune, Satara, Belgaum.
Delhi to Goa – By Train
Though, Delhi to Goa trains do not have that good a frequency as that of Mumbai to Goa, yet there are a number of trains that operate between the two destinations.
- 12432 Rajdhani Express - is the best option for those looking for a comfortable travel. The train begins from Hazrat Nizamuddin Railway Station 11:00 hours and takes around 25 hours 40 minutes to reach Madgaon. The train runs thrice week – Tuesday, Wednesday and Sunday.
- The Superfast 12450 Goa Sampark Kranti Express – takes a bit of more time, close to 30 hours to travel between Delhi and Goa. The train operates twice a week – Monday and Saturday – starting 7.25 am and reaching 13.15 p.m next day.
- 12618 Mngla Lksdp Express – and 12780 Gohad Express, both starting from Hazrat Nizamuddin Railway Station operate daily and take 34.05 hours and 38.35 hours to reach Madgaon and Vasco Da Gama respectively. The Mngla Lksdp Express begins its journey at 09:20 am while the Gohad Express starts at 15:05 pm.
- The other trains that operate from Delhi to Goa include Kerla S Kranti, Dehradun Kochuveli, Shrungavarpukta Express, Amritsar Kochuveli Express
Delhi to Goa – By Flights
Travelling by air has never been so easy with so many options available to fly you between Delhi and Goa. Quiet a number of airlines operate between the two destinations like Go Air, SpiceJet, IndiGo, Air India, Jet Airways, Konnect Jet Airways, Kingfisher, Go Business and Jetlite Codeshare. The average flight time is between 2 – 2 ½ hours with no stop in between. With just one stop, your flight time will increase to 4 hours. The flights begin their journey mostly from IGI Airport -1D and IGI Airport -T3
and land at Dabolim airport in Goa.