If you are planning a trip to Goa and would like to begin your tour from Mumbai, then there are a number of options for you given the fact that the distance between Mumbai and Goa is not so much.
Distance Between Mumbai and Goa
Mumbai to Goa By Road
You can drive all the way from Mumbai to Goa by road. The different routes that you can take are:
- Route through NH4 passing through destinations like Pune, Satara, Shirala, Kolhapur, Belgaum before finally reaching Goa. The total distance covered here is 599 kms and the total journey time is around 9 hours 44 minutes
- The second route, of 606 km, is through Mumbai Pune Expressway and NH4. Initially the route is same as above but a little after Nipali, change route towards Sawantwadi and Shiroda to finally reach Quelossim Goa in 10 hours 6 minutes.
- The third and the final route is on NH 17 covering 579 km in 11 hours. Destinations covered enroute include Chiplun and Sawantwadi
Apart from this, there are a number of bus operators that offer Volvo, AC, Sleeper and Seater bus services between the two destinations. There are also a number of travel operators offering cab services between Mumbai to Goa.
Mumbai to Goa by Train
There are three popular trains amongst all that travellers take to reach Goa from Mumbai. The travelling time between the two destinations is close to 12 hours. These trains mostly run from Chhatrapati Shivaji Terminus in Mumbai to Madgaon in Goa. However, there are other trains that start and end in different destinations of Mumbai and Goa. These trains are as follows:
- 0111 Konkankanya Express - Starts from Chhatrapati Shivaji Terminus at 23.05 hours and arrives at Madgaon at 10.45 a.m. Enroute, it halts Pernem and Thivim in north Goa. There are daily runs between the two destination for this train.
- 2051 Jan Shatabdi Express - Begins yet again from the Chhatrapati Shivaji Terminus at 5.10 a.m and finally reaches its destination at Madgaon at 2.10 p.m. The train operates all through the week. The only other stop for this train in Goa is Thivim. However, do remember that though the train is called Shatabdi Express, yet it is more of Shatabdi Express for the common people. Facilities offered here are not the same as those offered in other Sahtabadi Express.
- 0103 Mandovi Express - Another daily train from Mumbai to Goa for those who are willing to spend their day travelling in a train. The train leaves Chhatrapati Shivaji Terminus early in the morning at 6.55 a.m and reaches its final destination at Madgaon at 6.45 p.m, stopping on the way at Pernem and Thivim in north Goa.
- The other trains that operate between Mumbai and Goa include Mangalore Express (Mumbai Cst to Madagaon); Lokmanyatilak Kochuveli S, Kochuveli Garib Rath, Matsyagandha Express, Netravati Express (all Lokmanyatilak Terminus in Kurla Mumbai to Madgaon in Goa); Mngla Lksdp Express (Kalyan Jn to Madgaon)and Patna Goa Express (Kalyan Jn to Vasco Da Gama)
Mumbai to Goa by Air Almost all major airlines offer nonstop daily flights from Mumbai to Goa. These include Air India, Go Air, Jet Konnect, Kingfisher Red, IndiGo, Spicejet, Kingfisher Class, Jet Airways. The flight duration is around 1 hour and meal could either be paid or free depending upon the flight you choose. The flights generally takes off from the CSI Airport -1B in Mumbai and lands at Dabolim Airport in Goa.